We are hiring! If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTING CLERK
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $12.00-$14.00 per hour, Fulltime, 35 hrs/wk., Non-Exempt Status
Overall responsibility: Responsible for performing a variety of duties, as directed, to assist in the daily transaction process.
Processes accounts payable transactions which may include:
Ensuring accuracy of each invoice
Allocating cost to appropriate funding stream
Inputting invoice data in a computerized accounting software
Preparing, presenting for signatures, and mailing checks
Processes accounts receivable transactions which may include:
Inputting payments to appropriate funding stream
Creating deposit slip
Making deposit at local bank
Assists in completion of payroll process.
Assists in organizing documentation needed for yearly audit.
Provides filing assistance as necessary/required.
Provides administrative support to the Accounting Department.
Answers telephone and determines caller needs as required.
Other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma and two (2) years experience in accounting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Proficient reading, writing, and grammar skills.
- Proficient mathematics skills.
- General knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Excellent organization and record keeping skills.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, vehicle insurance to comply with Agency standards of coverage, and willing to travel in all the counties we serve, and other counties as required.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprint processed in accordance with Public Law 92522 and Child Protective Services Law (Title 23, PA C.S. Chapter 63), Federal Criminal History Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Report of Criminal History Clearance.